Teachers at James A. Garfield Schools place tremendous value on face-to-face learning. The activities presented in the alternative learning plans are not meant to replace face-to-face instruction. These activities are designed to engage students in learning that is meaningful and tied to our District Goals and Core Values.
Students will have flexibility in what learning activities they select.
- A designated staff member has been assigned to assist you via email.
- You are required to complete a minimum of one clock icon per school day missed.
- Work required for some activities may span multiple days.
- Dual Credit students/CCP students need to follow the college or university plans. (HS only)
Teachers will be available to support students completing their learning during normal school hours via email.
You can view each of the list of alternative learning activities by clicking the links below:
- High School Alternative Learning Activities
- Middle School Alternative Learning Activities
- Elementary School Alternative Learning Activities
After reviewing the activities, if you find that you need any packets or other materials they can be found at the front entrance of each school building.
Any questions can be directed to the school principals or the designated staff member assigned to each activity:
- Ms. Leindecker - email@example.com (PK-2)
- Mrs. Ensinger - firstname.lastname@example.org (grades 3-6)
- Mr. Hatcher - email@example.com (grades 7-8)
- Ms. Kisabeth - firstname.lastname@example.org (grades 9-12)
Please be safe and enjoy your learning as we embark on this journey together!