It’s time to plan for your senior photos. You have the option to choose where you have your photographs taken, so talk to your friends and family for recommendations about the photographer who will work best for your family. No matter who you choose, the guidelines for senior photos are as follows.
Basic Senior Photo Requirements:
- The photograph must be of high quality* (no cellphone photos, Facebook profiles, or selfies).
- The photograph must be vertical (portrait - not landscape orientation).
- Full-body shots are not recommended as they do not reproduce well in the yearbook.
- The photograph must be full-color.
- The photograph may be taken indoors or outdoors.
- No writing, watermarks, or signatures on the photograph.
- No animals/pets, firearms, tobacco, alcohol, etc. in the photograph please.
* Your Senior year can get expensive. You do not need to hire a professional photographer, if you or someone you know has a digital camera that will work.
- The photograph should be cropped for a vertical 2x3 aspect ratio.
- A minimum size of 4” x 6” @ 240 dpi is requested for photographs (300 dpi is preferred).
- Accepted formats are JPG or PNG.
- Photographs may be submitted via email to email@example.com
- Please include the student’s name in the subject line of the message.
- Photos will also be accepted at the High School office on CD.
- Please do not submit printed photos, they do not reproduce well in the yearbook.
Please follow these guidelines as closely as possible. Photos not meeting the requirements will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and may not be accepted for inclusion in the yearbook.