In recognition of a commitment to quality and an ongoing dedication to the learning and development of children, James A. Garfield Preschool has received a Five-Star Step Up To Quality Award from the state of Ohio. Step Up To Quality is Ohio’s rating system for preschool programs. Participating programs can earn a one to five star rating.
The well trained and dedicated staff at James A. Garfield Preschool works with children from ages three to five. Both typically developing children and those with special needs are served in the preschool.
In addition to meeting all standards of a four-star rating, the James A. Garfield Five-Star program also:
- Has lower staff/child ratios.
- Uses child assessment results to plan activities that best support learning and development goals for each child.
- Shares assessment results and create goals for children.
- Develops plans to support children as they transition to a new classroom or educational setting.
- Works with other organizations within the community to support children and their families.
- Uses input from families and community partners to inform the program’s continuous improvement process.
James A. Garfield Preschool is proud to be a Five-Star program. The preschool staff works very closely with each child to help them develop their self-confidence, social and emotional skills, and a love of learning.
Research confirms that the first five years of a child’s life has a direct impact on how children develop emotional well-being, in addition to, learning and social skills. For more information about the James A. Garfield Preschool visit the school website www.jagschools.org or call pupil services at 330-527-5524.